Conjurer of Sight and Sound (Intern)
Ichigoichie is a startup formed for the creation of innovative gameplay titles. The directing staff have over fifteen years of console and mobile game development experience.
We are building a new console title that explores the boundaries between art and games and need assistance in prototyping.
Your role at Ichigoichie
We are looking for a student of Computer Science to join our team. We prototype in Unity and write our core technology libraries in Rust and C++. Tasks you may perform vary on your experience and the phase of the project, which may include:
- Prototyping rhythmic gameplay interactions in C# and C++
- Building user interfaces with Unity
- Creating synesthetic connections through a concert of sound, light, and haptic feedback
Collaborating in an agile environment through a feedback loop of lightweight granular task management. As a member of a very small team you will be working on many aspects of the project, and the ability to investigate and acquire new skills quickly will benefit you greatly. We will give you fundamental guidance and constructive feedback on your progress throughout the internship.
- Current enrollment in or completion of a degree in Computer Science or similar
- Confidence in programming C# or C++, with a value on safe, reusable code
- Excellent English communication
- Highly motivated and self-driven problem-solving skills
- A love of games and expressive interfaces
- Experience in music production or theory
- Experience in graphic or UX design
This may be a summer or semester internship covering roughly two to three months; exact start and end dates are negotiable. Please include a copy of your school transcript when applying. Don’t spend your summer working for a boring button-down, come to the cutting edge of collaborative gameplay with Ichigoichie!
The position is based in Stockholm, Sweden, and we have an office in Gamla Stan that you will be working from.
To apply, send an email to email@example.com with your resume and we will get back to you.