Highly Usable Art Director
Ichigoichie is a startup formed for the creation of innovative gameplay titles. The directing staff have over fifteen years of console and mobile game development experience.
We are building a new console title that explores the boundaries between art and games and need assistance in visual direction.
Your role at Ichigoichie
We are looking for an art director that can help put proposals to paint and design a colorful, consistent, and usable experience.
What you create may vary on your experience and the phase of the project, but can include:
- Collaborating with the Creative Director to create a lush visual environment that tells a story
- Designing visual feedback mechanisms for an unorthodox interaction mechanism
- Creating punchy, eye-catching particle and background effects to generate spectacle
- Managing and mentoring junior artists
As a member of a very small team you will be working on many graphical aspects of the project, and the ability to work on both mocks and game assets is required.
- Completion of a degree in graphic design or similar
- Advanced knowledge in Photoshop and a vector graphics application
- Ability to produce snappy effects and 2D or 3D animations
- Excellent English communication
- Highly motivated and self-driven problem-solving skills
- A love of games and expressive interfaces
- At least two shipped game titles where you have worked as a senior 2D or 3D artist
- Experience with console development
- Experience in music production or theory
- Experience in UX or interface design
The position is based in Stockholm, Sweden, and we have an office in Hornstull that you will be working from.
To apply, please send a copy of your resume’ along with a portfolio and cover letter to email@example.com and we will get back to you.
Don’t spend your precious art hours working on something that’s been done a hundred times before, come to the cutting edge of collaborative gameplay with Ichigoichie!