Harmonious Environment Artist (Intern)
Ichigoichie is a startup formed for the creation of innovative gameplay titles. The directing staff have over fifteen years of console and mobile game development experience.
We are building a new console title that explores the boundaries between art and games and need assistance in environment and visual effect building.
Your role at Ichigoichie
We are looking for a student of graphic design to join our team that can help build festive environments for our levels to live in.
What you create may vary on your experience and the phase of the project, but can include:
- Collaborating with the Creative Director and concept artist to produce realtime assets for urban and organic game stages
- Designing stylish visualizations for an indirect representation of the game state
- Creating punchy, eye-catching particle and background effects to generate spectacle
As a member of a very small team you will be working on many aspects of the project, and the ability to investigate and acquire new skills quickly will benefit you greatly. We will give you fundamental guidance and constructive feedback on your progress throughout the internship.
- Enrollment in or completion of a degree in realtime graphics or similar
- Experience making assets in a modern game engine such as Unity or Unreal
- Ability to produce snappy effects and basic PRS animations
- Excellent English communication
- Highly motivated and self-driven problem-solving skills
- A love of games and expressive interfaces
- Experience with console development
- Experience in music production or theory
- Experience in data visualization
You will receive
- An opportunity to build on critically acclaimed console games
- A light, fun atmosphere to work in and weekly company events
- A structured mentoring setup centered around 1-on-1s, micro feedback, and periodic reviews
The position is based in Stockholm, Sweden, and we have an office in Liljeholmen that you will be working from.
This may be a summer or semester praktikant/LIA internship covering roughly two to three months; exact start and end dates are negotiable. Please include a copy of your school transcript when applying. Don’t spend your time working for a boring button-down, come to the cutting edge of collaborative gameplay with Ichigoichie!
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume’ and a cover letter and we will get back to you.