Multifaceted Gem of a Technical Artist (Intern)
Ichigoichie is a startup formed for the creation of innovative gameplay titles. The directing staff have over fifteen years of console and mobile game development experience.
We are building a new console title that explores the boundaries between art and games and need assistance in graphical authoring.
Your role at Ichigoichie
We are looking for a student of graphic design to join our team. Our pipeline is a hybrid 2D/3D workflow built on Unity. Tasks you may perform vary on your experience and the phase of the project, and may include:
- Implementing 2D animations and UI elements
- Translating After Effects motion graphics into in-game visual effects
- Filling in the gaps between designs and tuning transitions to build a uniform level of quality
- Creating and tweaking custom shaders
- Optimizing and refining assets to remove workflow and runtime performance bottlenecks
Collaborating in an agile environment through a feedback loop of lightweight granular task management. As a member of a very small team you will be working on many aspects of the project, and the ability to investigate and acquire new skills quickly will benefit you greatly. We will give you fundamental guidance and constructive feedback on your progress throughout the internship.
- Enrollment in or completion of a degree in realtime graphics or similar
- Experience making assets in a modern game engine such as Unity or Unreal
- Excellent English communication
- Highly motivated and self-driven problem-solving skills
- A love of games and expressive interfaces
- Experience in music production or theory
- Experience in shader programming
This may be a summer or semester praktikant/LIA internship covering roughly two to three months; exact start and end dates are negotiable. Please include a copy of your school transcript when applying. Don’t spend your time working for a boring button-down, come to the cutting edge of collaborative gameplay with Ichigoichie!
The position is based in Stockholm, Sweden, and we have an office in Liljeholmen that you will be working from.
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume’ and a cover letter and we will get back to you.