"impressive depth of mechanics...Ichigoichie has hit all the right notes." -- Nintendo Life
"a rhythmically complex, thoughtful experience with a surprising amount of replayability" -- PLAY Magazine
"Whether you're in to funk fusion or not, there's no denying that the musical result rewards all that fastidious work behind the mixing desk." -- Edge Magazine
"The mid-90s VHS style interstitials and the excellent funk music complement the gameplay wonderfully." -- Nintendo World Report
Where to find it
Each character in your band moves through the map in different ways, encountering unique obstacles and choices. Advancing a character consumes a turn and part of the Timeline, setting up interactions with other characters and enemies at different points in time. Rewinding a turn undoes your move, allowing you to find improved solutions and new ways to tackle problems.
- Multilinear time-based environment puzzles
- Character-driven story set in 1990s suburban America
- Shared squad resources and rewindable turns to optimize your solutions
- Sequenced combo moves and 40 levels of strategic madness
- Unlockable instrument swaps and musical playing styles
- English, Japanese, Spanish, German, Chinese (Simplified) language support
With musical content from Pete Fraser, session saxophonist to The Pogues, Friendly Fires, Field Music, John Newman and The Brian Jonestown Massacre.
AccoladesExcellence in Sound Design Nominee" BitSummit X-Roads 2022, Kyoto, Japan
Selected Indie Exhibit" Tokyo Games Show 2022, Chiba, Japan
Sign up for more details
Sign up here to get news and special offers for Backbeat during development!
For contact information, interviews, screenshots and key art please check out our press kit.