Multifaceted Gem of a Technical Artist (Intern)
Ichigoichie is a startup formed for the creation of innovative gameplay titles. The directing staff have over fifteen years of console and mobile game development experience.
We are building console titles that explore the boundaries between art and games and need assistance in graphical authoring.
Your role at Ichigoichie
We are looking for a student of graphic design to join our team. Our pipeline is a hybrid 2D/3D workflow built on Unity. Tasks you may perform vary on your experience and the phase of the project, and may include:
- Creating punchy, eye-catching particle and background effects to generate spectacle
- Writing and tweaking custom shaders
- Working closely with musical analysis and procedurally assisted content generation
- Filling in the gaps between designs and tuning transitions to build a uniform level of quality
- Optimizing and refining assets to remove workflow and runtime performance bottlenecks
- Collaborating through a feedback loop of lightweight granular task management
As a member of a very small team you will be working on many aspects of the project, and the ability to investigate and acquire new skills quickly will benefit you greatly. We will give you fundamental guidance and constructive feedback on your progress throughout the internship.
- Enrollment in or completion of a degree in realtime graphics or similar
- Experience making assets in a modern game engine such as Unity or Unreal
- Excellent English communication
- Highly motivated and self-driven problem-solving skills
- A love of games and expressive interfaces
- Experience in music production or theory
- Experience in shader programming
You will receive
- An opportunity to build on critically acclaimed console games
- A light, fun atmosphere to work in and weekly company events
- A structured mentoring setup centered around 1-on-1s, micro feedback, and periodic reviews
The position is based in Stockholm, Sweden, and we have an office in Hornstull that you will be working from.
This may be a summer or semester praktikant/LIA internship covering roughly three to six months; exact start and end dates are negotiable. Please include a copy of your school transcript when applying. Don’t spend your time working for a boring button-down, come to the cutting edge of collaborative gameplay with Ichigoichie!
To apply, send an email to email@example.com with your resume’ and a cover letter and we will get back to you.